The weather is finally starting to warm after a long, cold winter in Austin! Living in Austin is the perfect combination of inner-city life and outdoor activity, and with the 85-degree temperatures, we’ve been having lately, what better way to enjoy the day than sitting on a lovely patio with a margarita in hand?
SEE ALSO: 22 Spots With The Best Brunch In Austin
Here are my favorite, aka the best restaurants with patios in Austin!
Table of Contents
Easy Tiger’s location in East Austin at the previous LaV space and South Lamar has a huge, outdoor dog-friendly patio space with umbrellas with picnic tables and ping pong tables.
1501 E 7th St + 6406 N I-35 Frontage Road, Suite 1100, easytigerusa.com
I frequent the walk-up window at El Chilito more than I care to share – the puffy tacos are so good. This is my go-to stop for a quick weekday lunch on the outdoor patio.
2219 Manor Rd
Aba is one of my top favorite patios to wine and dine on right now and the Mediterranean food is pretty good. They are pretty booked up so good luck getting a reservation! Aba does allow walk-ins so you can also try your luck and shop around Music Lane while you wait.
1011 S Congress Ave, abarestaurants.com/austin/
SEE ALSO: 36 Best Restaurants In South Austin
Honey Moon Spirit Lounge
I LOVE this new bar that just opened in Central Austin – they have a front and back patio.
624 W 34th St, honeymoonspiritlounge.com
This is one of my favorite breweries in Austin because there are 4 different food trucks on the property!
Dough Boys, Distant Relatives, Pueblo Viejo, and Bésame. The taproom has several different craft beers (I love the sour), and a huge outdoor space.
3901 Promontory Point Dr, meanwhilebeer.com
Austin’s beloved Eastciders has opened its own restaurant on Barton Springs Rd serving lunch, happy hour, dinner, late-night bites, and drinks. The menu has pizza, sandwiches, and more.
You can order your food online and pick-up at the walk-up window or go inside and order via counter service. There’s a big patio that’s dog-friendly too.
Stop by and grab some takeout and a 6-pack and then head to Zilker Park.
Hours: Mon – Fri 7:30am, Sat/Sun 8:30am Close: Sun – Thurs 10pm, Fri/Sat: 11pm. Happy Hour: Mon-Thurs at 2pm-5pm.
Happy hour: Monday – Thursday from 2pm – 5pm and $4 cider pints and $5 select appetizers
1530 Barton Springs Rd
Central Machine Works
East Side brewery and beer hall, Central Machine Works, has a huge outdoor patio with umbrellas. They also have pizza, pretzels, and brews. Central Machine Works also has the Brew Pub Breakfast menu from 10am to 2pm only on weekends. One of favorite patios for Austinite.
Formerly a machine shop in East Austin, Central Machine Works has preserved the historic building to be Austin’s newest brewery and beer hall. Central Machine Works’ approachable and nostalgic vibe evokes the time-honored tradition of enjoying a classic beer amongst family and friends. The lively beer hall also features a taproom with a full bar and outdoor beer garden.
Hours: Tuesday – Thurs 4-10pm, Friday 11am – 12am, Saturday 10am – 12am, and Sunday 10am – 10pm
4824 E Cesar Chavez St, cmwbrewery.com
Oseyo’s open-air courtyard has a tranquil garden, complete with garden beds and flourishing plants separating each dining and lounge area. The courtyard is lined with fresh growing vegetables and features cooling misters and umbrellas that provide ample shade, giving diners the opportunity to relax while enjoying Korean homestyle cooking inspired by Owner Lynn Miller’s own childhood.
Hours: Wednesday – Sunday from 5-10pm
1628 E Cesar Chavez St, oseyoaustin.com
Better Half & Cocktails
Large shaded patio with picnic tables with American plates, coffee, draft cocktails, wine, craft ciders, and beer. Also there’s a parking lot for parking!
406 Walsh St, betterhalfbar.com
Both Uncle Nicky locations in Hyde Park and East Austin have a small outdoor patio so you can enjoy Italian favorites like truffled egg, Italian omelets, and Aperol Spritzes.
4222 Duval St + 1123 E. 11th St, unclenickys.com
Loro has the largest outdoor covered patio on South Lamar that’s perfect for snacking and sipping boozy slushees.
2115 S Lamar Blvd, loroaustin.com
COVID-19 update: Magnolia Cafe at 1920 South Congress has opened for patio service under the giant oak tree with limited hours. Shade, social distance, and all your Magnolia favorites for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Masks required for anyone over age 10 to keep the environment comfortable for all. Curbside pickup with online ordering still available all open hours.
Unfortunately, Magnolia Cafe did close its Lake Austin Boulevard location due to the economic effects of COVID-19.
Hours: Patio: Friday-Saturday 9-9, Sunday 9-3. Curbside: 9-9 all days.
1920 S Congress Ave, magnoliacafeaustin.com
Photo by Gabby Phi
On Thursday, July 2, Lenoir will reopen for outdoor-only seating in the wine garden and curbside service four days a week, Thursday- Sunday from 5 p.m. until close, with plans to expand to weekend lunch hours for the first time in the future. Owners Todd and Jess have creatively turned the restaurant “inside out” by redoing and hanging their iconic indoor lanterns in the trees outside and adding new, colorful tables with custom-designed oil cloth vinyl coverings with patterns such as pink and blue loquats
This updated seating area is the new best stylish and spacious backyard in town with the same great backyard vibe plus distanced chairs in the lawn for drinking. The all-natural wine list has sparkling, white, orange, rosé, and red bottles that are also all discounted when ordered to-go. New to the menu are four ABV cocktails plus beer and cider.
The new hot weather food menu includes 12 dishes:
- A cheeseboard that has a Texas Peach Pie as its bread or cracker component which is an outstanding twist— 2 rotating cheeses, benton’s ham, candied pecans and homemade nocino honey made from walnuts that Todd foraged in Zilker
- Cold Summer Cannelloni stuffed with goat feta, marinated cherry tomatoes, pistachios, herbs
- Morita-Roasted Gulf Shrimp with fennel and housemade Portuguese sourdough
- Pork Paté Melt with caramelized onions, cheese, and bread & butter pickles
- Whole Roasted Dorade stuffed with blue crab in Goan crab curry with herb salad
Guests can make reservations now on Resy and all takeout will be cooked-to-order moving forward.
1807 S 1st St
Fresa’s – South First
1703 S 1st St, fresaschicken.com
Rosewood is now Rosewood Gulf Coast Chop House with a brand new menu. They’re one of the few restaurants in East Austin that has one acre of outdoor patio space. Tables are spaced 6 feet apart.
1209 Rosewood Avenue, rosewoodatx.com
Stiles Switch BBQ
Stiles Switch has a dining room and patio with limited seating so you can enjoy their smoked meats and infamous Bloody Mary’s!
Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 11am-8pm, closed Mondays.
6610 N Lamar Blvd, stilesswitchbbq.com
SEE ALSO: 9 Spots For The Best BBQ In Austin
This Tex-Mex restaurant in East Austin has both indoor and outdoor seating with all the comfort food options like fajitas, sizzling faji, taco plates, and more.
105 Tillery St, grizzeldas.com
Heritage tree-shaded outdoor patio with both lounge and traditional table seating where guests can enjoy the restaurant’s classic Asian fusion cuisine, cocktails, and Korean bingsu.
Hours: Tuesday – Thursday from 5-9 pm and Friday – Saturday 5-10pm.
1315 W 6th St, barpeached.com
Uchi has both indoor and outdoor dining for their dinner menu and omakase. Book early!
801 South Lamar Blvd, uchiaustin.com
- Sundays through Thursdays, 4:00 – 9:00 pm
- Fridays and Saturdays, 4:00 – 10:00 pm
- Sake Social happy hour everyday, 4:00 – 6:30 pm
4200 N Lamar Blvd, uchikoaustin.com
Come for the cat cups (the painkiller) and stay for the chicken hearts – yes, we said chicken hearts. Don’t be fooled because this shit’s good – trust us. Also, the puff, puff, pass is a solid drank too.
2713 E 2nd St, kemuri-tatsuya.com
El Naranjo has a small patio on their location in South Lamar where you can enjoy authentic interior Mexican cuisine!
2717 S Lamar Blvd STE 1085, elnaranjorestaurant.com
Tumble 22 on Burnet Road and Lake Austin both have a covered patio.
NEW Chicken Picnic special: All day Mondays and Tuesdays, guests can pick up a $20 dollar Chicken Picnic family meal for four. The New Chicken Picnic meal includes 12 pc crispy tenders, collard greens, beans, and slaw (regularly $30).
7211 Burnet Rd + 4501 N 183A Toll Cedar Park, TX 78613
Suadero tacos, quesadilla azul, tamal en mole blanco, goat barbacoa, and several cocktails on the Suerte patio.
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday from 12pm – 9pm
1800 E 6th St, suerteatx.com
Delicious in all it’s glory, step away from the city and have a drink with friends. This spot is ideal for anytime of the day, especially breakfast.
Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 10a-3p
1601 Waterston Ave, josephineofaustin.com
SEE ALSO: 10 Best Swimming Holes in Austin
El Alma has one the best views of downtown Austin and they’ve reopened with limited seating and an expanded menu. Reservations are for the dining room only. Weather permitting, same-day reservations for patio seating are welcome.
Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 11 am to 9 pm and Friday to Saturday from 11 am to 10 pm
1025 Barton Springs Road, elalmacafe.com
Tillery Kitchen + Bar
Tillery Kitchen is more of a wine bar but you’ll enjoy the cocktails and nibbles in their gorgeous backyard overlooking the river.
3201 E Cesar Chavez St, tilleryatx.com
Put on your cowboy boots and go to Jacoby’s ranch-to-table dining experience on East Austin overlooking the Colorado River.
3235 E Cesar Chavez St, jacobysaustin.com
Irene’s has the biggest backyard on West 6th street with my favorite avocado toast in Austin so it had to be on this list of best patios in Austin.
Hours: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Tuesday – Sunday.
506 West Ave, irenesaustin.com
200+ beers on tap, 20+ homemade sausages, an off-leash dog park, and a live music stage on Rainey Street.
79 Rainey St, bangersaustin.com
Perla’s is one of the best patios in the city for people watching on South Congress. This popular oyster bar is well lit at night twinkle lights.
1400 S Congress Ave, perlasaustin.com
Guero’s Taco Bar
Guero’s has the best patio on South Congress for people watching and live music!
1412 S Congress Ave. gueros.com
Enjoy a bottle of wine on the patio at this wine bar near Zilker Park!
Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 12-10 pm and Friday & Saturday from 12-pm to 12 am
408 Josephine St, housewineaustin.com
Lucky Robot doesn’t have the biggest patio space but it still deserves a spot on this best patios in Austin. This is a prime location for people watching on South Congress while snacking on brussels sprouts and sake.
1303 S Congress Ave, luckyrobotrestaurant.com
La Condesa is basically the reason why we come here but the queso flameado isn’t half bad either. The bar area is where we hang for happy hour but their extended patio is on point too.
400A West 2nd Street, lacondesa.com
Mozart’s is still one of my favorite spots in Austin to sit back and enjoy the view of Lake Austin.
3825 Lake Austin Blvd, mozartscoffee.com
Enjoy farm fresh salads, healthy tonics, cocktails and more on Vinaigrette’s spacious patio. Shaded by a 100-year-old oak tree, Vinaigrette’s patio is perfect for an al fresco dinner, lunch or Sunday Brunch.
2201 College Ave, vinaigretteonline.com/austin
Justine’s is one of my top picks for date night for it’s romantic outdoor patio. I always get the steak frites, cheese board, and the house wine. If you didn’t make a reservation in advance, put your name down and
4710 E 5th St, justines1937.com
Hotel San Jose
A quaint, almost hidden gem off South Congress – come for the frosé but stay for the zen vibes.
1316 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704, sanjosehotel.com
Dine on Southeast cuisine at Soursop while downing a couple of beers from St Elmo Brewing Company. The patio is dog-friendly so bring your furry friends!
440 E Saint Elmo Rd Ste G2, soursopaustin.com
Ah Sing Den
Sip on craft cocktails and nibble on appetizers in Ah Sing Den’s Asian-inspired back patio.
1100 E 6th St, ahsingden.com
SEE ALSO: 13 Best Burgers In Austin, Ranked
Fareground has finally opened with new restaurants and a marketplace! There are six eateries with over 120 dish offerings with cuisine inspired by global fare including Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and the Americas. There’s a huge grassy outdoor area to dine al fresco.
- Austin Rôtisserie led by husband and wife duo Eric and Sophie Nathal will feature Rotisserie Chicken (Whole, Half and Quarter Bird), Salads, Soups, Sides & Bowls (Salade de Chèvre, Roti Bowl, Salade Niçoise, Potage de Carottes and Petites Patates), Baguette Sandwiches (Poulet Roti Baguette, The Parisian, Le Veggie Baguette, The French Club Baguette, Tuna Niçoise Baguette and Norwegian Baguette) and individual and family style meals featuring rotisserie chicken, sides and salads.
- Little Wu led by Chef Ji Peng Chen and The Chameleon Group (Wu Chow, Swift’s Attic, Rosedale Kitchen & Bar) will feature Dumplings, Potstickers, Shumai, and a variety of Noodle and La Mian dishes including Sichuan Red Braised Beef, Spicy Pork Wontons with bok choy, Shrimp and crab cake, Braised Shitake mushroom and marinated tofu and Sesame Peanut Noodles, as well as side dishes like Garlic Green Beans, Chicken & Taro Eggrolls and more.
- The Market led by James Beard Nominated Chef Richard Sandoval will feature salads (Cobb, Kale Caesar and Rainbow Quinoa), pizzas (Margherita, Funghi and Carne) and sandwiches (Avocado, Caprese, Grilled Chicken Panini, Ham and Cheese Panini, Tuna Wrap and Turkey Wrap).
- Taco Pegaso led by James Beard Nominated Chef Richard Sandoval and Executive Chef Albert Gonzalez will feature small bites such as chips and guacamole, salsa and queso, as well as a variety tacos and burritos including Carne Asada, Pescado, Al Pastor, Chicken Tinga, Picadillo and Champis. Taco Pegaso will also be serving quesadillas, mexican ice pops, aguas frescas in hibiscus or horchata and more.
Fareground original fan favorites include:
- Henbit led by James Beard Nominated Chef Kevin Fink and Pastry Chef Tavel Bristol Joseph will feature the Henbit Burger, Fried Chicken Sandwich, Salmon Bowl, Kale and Avocado Salad, Harissa Chicken Bowl, and sides including Crispy Sweet Potatoes with Chiltepin Aioli, House Chips with Chipotle and Fresno Hot Sauce and Coleslaw.
- TLV led by Chef Berty Richter will feature Manot dishes (plates with pita) including a classic hummus plate and falafel plate, Be-Pita dishes (pita sandwiches with a side of pickles) including sabich and schnitzel sandwiches, as well as Salatim dishes (assorted sides) such as babaganoush, fire roasted eggplant, summer cucumber salad and more.
The bar program will feature cocktail menus at two bars, the Ellis bar and DRINK.
- DRINK led by Bar & Beverage Manager Mat Costello will feature beverages for all day from coffee and kombucha, to cocktails and mocktails. The menu features a variety of wines and beers, as well as frozen cocktails (Frosé and Mango Punch), draft cocktails (Hibiscus Margarita, Red Sangria, Raspberry Lemonade and Classic Old Fashioned) and craft cocktails (Watermelon Mezcal Margarita, The Grind and Yucateco).
- Ellis led by Bar & Beverage Manager Mat Costello will feature cocktails including the San Martin, Waterloo antique gin with carpano antica, yellow chartreuse and orange; the Ellis Old Fashioned with Still Austin bourbon, aromatic and citrus bitters and sugar; and more.
111 Congress Ave, faregroundaustin.com
Domo Alley-Gato is Ramen Tatsu-Ya’s East Austin bar and patio – IMO the newest best patio in Austin.
1600 E 6th St B, domo-tatsuya.com
SEE ALSO: 17 Spots For Late Night Food In Austin
Remove yourself from the city life and sit on the prettiest porch in town. Now serving a new spring menu, grab a drink and some deviled eggs for a good time.
1610 San Antonio St, olamaieaustin.com
Fat City at Yard Bar Contigo