With near-perfect weather year-round to enjoy refreshing dips in our clear blue creeks and swimming holes, an almost endless supply of tasteful bars to cheers the bride to be in style, and a whole host of trendy hotels and Airbnbs make Austin is one of the top bachelorette party destinations!
SEE ALSO: 47 Top Things To Do In Austin Texas (Updated 2023)
Choosing Austin for your bachelorette is easy. The hard part is having to leave once it’s all over. Here is your guide to the ultimate bachelorette weekend in Austin.
Where to Stay in Austin
View this post on Instagram
The ultimate bachelorette home base, this pink paradise was tailor-made to make your trip an absolute breeze. With bunk bed bedrooms that can sleep up to twelve people, a private, heated swimming pool, spa, fire pit lounge, screened-in porch, and a fully stocked kitchen, your girls will be properly pampered.
Based in South Austin with easy access to the best breweries and distilleries, every aspect of your perfect bachelorette party is covered here. Including the bachelorette party ideas and goodie add-ons and a discount on Lake Travis Yacht rentals, this house takes care of your every need!
Popular hotels in Austin:
Centering your bachelorette party in the best neighborhoods by staying at these hotels will take your trip to the next level. Be a quick walk, scooter, or uber away from everything on your must-do list by checking into these hotels. Plus, each one offers a great pool scene for those days you need to lay out before you go out.
- East Austin Hotel – a pastel palace meets motel glam right above the bar scene along East Sixth.
- South Congress Hotel – a laidback boutique hotel off South Congress with skyline views and food options galore.
- Hotel Van Zandt – the uncomplicated cool kid off Rainey Street in downtown Austin. With city views from the rooftop pool, and are a few stumbles away from the bungalow bars.
- Canopy By Hilton – a modern retreat from the vibrance nightlife of West 6th, the Canopy offers a chill escape overlooking the nonstop party on the street.
- Lone Star Court – western chic motel with a resort style pool just outside of the confines of the Domain.
- Thompson/Tommie Hotel – high rising above Dirty Sixth, this newcomer to the hotel scene offers dramatic views from the luxurious pool overlooking downtown.
Need help planning your bachelorette party?
Need help planning a bachelorette party itinerary? From planning your itinerary to making your Airbnb decked out with decor before you arrive, Bach Babes is your one-stop shop for all your party planning needs. You name it, they can do it! Lodging decor, itinerary planning, mimosa bars, goody bags, they do it all so you can focus on throwing the confetti!
Charcuterie boards from Calderon Curations
Every girl’s trip needs fancy snacks! From brunch platters to graze tables, Calderon Curations has you covered with deliciously beautiful graze options and French macarons!
Austin Bachelorette Party Guide
Bach boat rentals on Lake Austin or Lake Travis
Throw the ultimate bachelorette party weekend on Lake Travis and the top boat operator is Float On. From sunset tours to party pontoons for any size party, their team will find the right solution to solve your need to get out on the water and have an unforgettable time.
$50 off Float On boat rental with code: KOKO
Wine tour to Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg has been named the “new Napa” for the many vineyards and wineries. It’s about an hour and half drive from Austin and trust me, you don’t want to all drive independently. Book a limo, Mercedes Sprinter, or luxury SUV with Texas Tipsy Tours and they’ll plan your itinerary, make reservations and pay for the tastings, so you can simply enjoy your day of wine tasting!
Offering luxury rides in limos out to the wineries in Dripping Springs, Driftwood, Wimberley, and Fredericksburg, your girls will have ample chance to sample all that the Texas Hill Country has to offer, thanks to the gals over at Texas Tipsy Tours.
Complimentary bottle of wine on Texas Tipsy Tours with code: SUNDAYHAUS
SEE ALSO: 11 Best Wine Tours In Fredericksburg Texas
View this post on Instagram
Donut boat ride on Lake Austin
You’ve done the cute picnic in the park a million times, but you want something special for your bachelorette. Trade the blanket for a boat and float on Lake Austin with Love & Boat. Bask in the shade as you snack while the donut boat glides over the cool waters of the lake. Relax knowing their team took care of everything thanks to the personalized packages they offer each party.
10% off Love & Boat with code: KOKO10
View this post on Instagram
Rent a dress & do a photoshoot
Rent a gown from Homegown Rentals & do a photoshoot! This was SO much fun. Choose from 8 different gowns with women sizing from 0 – 12. DM @homegownrentals to book
15% off with code: KOKO
Extragrams: Drag Queen Delivery for Bachelorettes
Bring the sounds, the queens, and the party to your bachelorette party by Extragrams with full performances from a fabulous Queen, teach your wifey or groomy how to get runaway walk ready to strut down the aisle, “official” browning and more
15% off Extragrams with code: KOKO15
Barton Springs Pool
The refreshing deep blue water, the emerald green hill, and the colorful people watching are all the reasons you need to take a dip in the crown jewel of the violet crown. Pack your swimsuits and head to Barton Springs Pool that is located across the street from Zilker Park.
Pease Park Observation Pod
Like a playful spaceship landed in immaculate gardens, the observation pod is the perfect spot to take fantastic group photos lounging in the massive hammock. Embrace your inner child, and chill out together on this Insta-worthy play space. Don’t worry it’s designed for all ages.
- Koko’s Bavarian – Ran by an actual prince, it feels like a hoppy fairytale out at this willy Wonka-esque beer garden. Taking the fun-loving spirit of Oktoberfest and blending it with an Austin eye for design, this brewery is fit to host the bride and her maidens. It’s absolutely brewing with charm.
- Central Machine Works – Despite being a brewery, this industrial-chic warehouse has more than just beer instore. Cocktails and savory bites are all inside this East Austin beer garden. Making room for every palette in the group to find something to satisfy their cravings.
- Austin Eastciders – Before or after a day out at Zilker, walk over to one of the finest cideries in the city. Sit back on the patio with a crisp and refreshing cider in their outdoor garden while you catch a live performance. Offering a happy hour with $4 ciders, well, how bout them apples?
SEE ALSO: 21 Best Breweries In Austin For Craft Beer (Updated Nov 2022)
Country dancing at White Horse
Avoid the crowds at Broken Spoke and be able to walk over to East Sixth by swinging by White Horse to get your Country dancing lesson. Learn the Texas Two-Step every Thursday to Saturday for free at 7 pm. Break in your boots beforehand.
Kayak or stand up paddleboard on Lady Bird Lake
Want to try your hand at the Austin pastime of floating on the water? Thankfully we have plenty of local businesses looking to get you on a paddleboard, a kayak, or a canoe to find your way to the party that gathers where Barton Creek meets the lake.
- Rowing Dock
- Live Love Paddle
- Texas Rowing Center
- Zilker Boats
- Austin Paddle Shack
There are several music venues in Austin:
- ACL Live at The Moody Theater
- Antone’s Nightclub
- Stubb’s Bar-B-Q
- The Austin Beer Garden Brewing Co. (ABGB)
- Guero’s Oak Garden
- Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar Sip
- Meanwhile Brewing Co.
- Radio Coffee & Beer
Shopping on South Congress
I love this street because all the shops and restaurants are in walking distance:
- Tiny Grocer – If you watched Schitt’s Creek and dreamed of stepping into Rose Apothocary, Tiny Grocer makes that dream a reality. If you want to be awashed in its European vibes you can, but its Tiny Delicatessen makes it the perfect spot to plan a quick picnic that you can put the booze in bougie.
- Allen’s Boots – You can’t come to Texas and not leave with a pair of cowboy boots, and Allen’s has your perfect pair waiting. Live your country cinderella fantasy as you try each boot on, and wonder why you’ve denied yourself this part of your shoe rotation for so long.
- Limbo Jewelry – Whether you fall in love with a piece of effortlessly glamorous jewelry with a minimalist influence or find that perfect handmade gift, you’re not leaving without something to remember your time in Austin.
- Maufrais Hat Shop – You can get throwaway cowboy hats for your girls or gift them a fashion hat that they can wear time and time again. With an outpost of Rainey street coffee shop and kolache slinger Little Brother, sip a latte while you look over cream-colored fedoras that’ll take your streetware game up a notch.
SEE ALSO: 33 Best Local Shops To Go Shopping In Austin
Retro boat ride on Lady Bird Lake
Hop into these pastel jet age boats to sail away like Sandy at the end of grease, but safely on the water. Each vintage fiberglass boat has been lovingly restored to keep the magic of the mid-century alive on our waters. Plan ahead and book sunset cruises to see the bats.
Best Restaurants In Austin For Bachelorette Parties
- Revival Coffee – You can sum up the vibe with just a color swatch. This all-pink paradise on the eastside isn’t just eye candy, they offer seriously sweet specialty coffees like their fruity pebbles latte. Even if you’re going caffeine-free, the bright pink interior will revive you from any post 6th street hangover.
- Jo’s Coffee – If you don’t visit Jo, did you even see Austin? Home of the beloved “I Love You So Much” mural, done for local legend Liz Lambert’s fiance now wife, this spot’s easily the heart of the city. After getting the perfect pic, grab a Belgium Iced Coffee to fuel your South Congress shopping spree.
- Cosmic Coffee – If you don’t visit Jo, did you even see Austin? Home of the beloved “I Love You So Much” mural, done for local legend Liz Lambert’s now wife, this spot’s easily the heart of the city. After getting the perfect pic, grab a Belgium Iced Coffee to fuel your South Congress shopping spree.
- Better Half – Coffee or cocktails, whatever you’re in the mood for, Better Half has it ready for you. Settle in the shade of their backyard to imbibe with the bride-to-be. Their chicken sandwich is marriage material by the way.
- Wright Bros Brew & Brew – Great spot to grab coffee and one of the best bagels in town with easy access to the shops in Plaza Saltillo.
- Radio Coffee – South Austin’s spot for grabbing iced lattes, cocktails, Veracruz tacos and BBQ Biscuit maker Briscuit’s.
- Epoch Coffee – An eclectic spot that gives off big Central Perk energy right by one of the many vintage shops in North Austin.
- Halcyon 4th Street – Late night coffee spot before exploring the gay bars off 4th that offers table smores for those craving the campside classic.
- Streamway Coffee – Charming vintage airstream coffee trailer perfect for hitting up before checking out Muellers Farmers Market
- Salt Lick BBQ – Salt Lick’s mouth-watering menu can satisfy the most ferocious appetite with their all-you-can-eat family-style option. Brisket, ribs, sausage, and sides should keep the girls full with you enjoying the live music. Find a great bottle while at the wineries? Bring it. Salt Lick is BYOB!
- Loro – The love child of Franklin BBQ and Uchi, this Asian smokehouse under the live oaks off South Lamar is a hot spot for foodies. The patio space seating’s perfect for a large group, and the sharable snacks like the wonton chips and chicken karaage pair perfectly with their frozen cocktails.
- Leroy & Lewis – Arguably the star at Cosmos, this BBQ truck brings the new school into the old school while teaching everyone what it means to savor smoked meats. With superior sides like the Frito pie and a scene-stealing cheddar cheesecake, this tiny truck packs a big punch of flavor.
- Briscuits – Combining Texas BBQ with Biscuit sandwiches in a food truck at Radio Coffee. Be sure to grab their perfectly crispy hashbrowns.
- Micklethwait Craft Meats BBQ – Cute yellow trailer with picnic tables on the east side
- La Barbecue – Leanne Miller’s long wait worthy smoked meats inside a convenience store.
- Terry Blacks’ – Best spot to grab some briskuit and ribs before heading to Zilker, plus very likely to run into Bachelor parties waiting in line.
SEE ALSO: Best Barbecue in Austin (Besides Franklin)
- Hillside Farmacy – Taking the timeless style of an old school pharmacy and offering a farm to table faire, this east side staple is always worth stopping by.
- Wu Chow – Modern Chinese finds a home in the center of our Texan city, serving up dishes that cover all eight styles of Chinese cuisine.
- Patika – An Australian coffee shop got lost and landed on South Lamar. With unique takes on classic brunch staples, Patika always delivers.
- Elizabeth Street Cafe – Austin’s neighborhood Vietnamese cafe off South First feels like if Wes Anderson got into the brunch scene. Be sure to try their pastries too, they are not to be slept on.
- Paperboy – Breezy rooftop patio overlooking the eastside while you chow down on drool worthy breakfast sandwiches and plates.
- Easy Tiger South – All three locations are worth it, but this south spot offers views of the greenbelt as you enjoy your brunch.
- Bar Peached – From the culinary genius behind Peached Tortilla, this brunch grotto under their neon sign serves up seriously underrated plates.
- L’Oca d’Oro– Italian sharable plates with European street style seating in Mueller.
SEE ALSO: 25 Spots With The Best Brunch In Austin, Updated 2023
Margaritas & Mexican
- Fresa’s on 1st St – Cute and colorful tables under giant live oaks providing the perfect shade to keep your margs icy cold, even in the Texan heat. Which is almost year round save for a few days.
- Ranch 616 – Tucked on the side of 6th, the home of the original Ranch Water offers southwestern faire under Texana decor. Perfect spot to kick off your 6th street adventure.
- Tamale House East– One of the oldest restaurants in Austin, this local icon refuses to expire. With crisp tortillas in their migas and setting that feels like a enclave of San Miguel, it’s a timeless must taste.
- De Nada Cantina – This eastside greenhouse grows tacos and refreshing margaritas with a side of eye candy. Your girls will be more than thankful to grab a seat and sample the various margs ready to be plucked off the table.
- El Alma – Airy patio seating with skyline views to make the perfect backdrop for your frozen margs.
- La Condesa – Downtown spot for interior mexican and their signature margs made with grilled pineapple and a salt rim with cactus for a truly Tex-Mex flavor.
- Guero’s Taco Bar – There are a whopping 19 margs on their menu to sample as you people watch on south congress. Sample all 19 and people might come to watch you.
- Fonda San Miguel – Their queso skips the dainty chip in favor of full tortillas to accompany your refreshing margs in this Austin dining staple.
SEE ALSO: 24 Best Margaritas In Austin Texas
- Bufalina Due – half-off pies, $5 house wine pours of red, white and rosé, $5 draft beers and half off any bottle of wine under $100 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. daily
- La Condesa – 50% off from 4 to 6 p.m
- Peached Tortilla – $5 beer, $6 wine and $7 cocktails, along with discounted tacos and snacks from 5 to 7 p.m Tuesdays through Sundays,
- Hank’s – 3 to 6:30 p.m. every single day, including weekends
- Loro – $5 cocktails like the boozy slushees and the Yuzu Spritz cocktail from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Il Brutto – all cocktails, wine and beer are 50% off from 5 to 6 p.m. Mondays and 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays
- Uchiko – 4 to 6:30 p.m. daily, with offerings ranging from the $9 Murasakino cocktail to $7 select glasses of wine and discounted nigiri, tastings, makimono and much more.
- TenTen – 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday every week
- Easy Tiger – 2 to 6 p.m. weekdays
SEE ALSO: 81 Best Happy Hours In Austin, Updated Nov 2022
Best Bars In Austin For Bachelorette Parties
Austin may be known for it’s tacos and BBQ, but this city will never leave you thirsty. All along 6th street, Downtown, Rock Rose, and the booming neighborhood of Rainey, your girls will find the right bar heading in any direction. If only they made a compass for cocktails.
6th Street / Sixth street
Most popular street in Austin for bar hopping:
- Barbarella – If you want to go dancing on the dance floor, Barbarella is the spot. Any night is great to visit, but if you can plan to experience Tuesgays or any of their themed nights, you won’t regret it.
- Garage – Hidden inside an actual parking garage, Drakes’s preferred spot to park it and order a drink when he’s in Austin is worth pulling into.
- Midnight Cowboy – The forever party energy of Dirty Sixth evaporates once you give the password to get inside this locally beloved speakeasy. Each drink on the menu is a full
- P6 – Nestled above the lake, the sunset views alone are enough of a reason to reserve your spot above all the paddle boarders on the water. Even when held up against the rainbow sky, their craft cocktails still manage to steal the focus.
- Zanzibar – A literal tropical hideaway above our concrete jungle, this rooftop tiki bar is an elevated experience for those looking to get their mai tai fix while watching the traffic go by below.
- Wonder Bar – Wonder barely describes the sensational spectacle that awaits you inside. As if someone took all those instagram installations and turned them into a colorful cocktail bar, your camera roll will be nothing but post worthy photos after a night out here.
- 77 Rooftop – Serving up Miami beach vibes above the chaos of the street, this rooftop bar is a cool escape with cooler caribbean influenced cocktails. The only thing missing from this breezy patio is a pool.
- Kung Fu Saloon – Throw back shots while you play skeeball, or see if you can beat your girlfriends at Guitar Hero like you did back in your middle school glory days. This time without having to secretly sip a wine cooler, you can grab a glass of the cool as a cucumber cocktail instead.
- Bangers – Can it really be a Bachelorette party without some sausage? Past the rustic chic cottage is a beer garden overflowing with meaty meals ready for you to bite into. From a big bratwurst to the vegitatarian BLT, there’s a sausage for everyone to enjoy.
- Clive Bar – This bar may called Clive, but it’s giving Kasey Musgraves vibes. Effortlessly cowgirl chic with enough space for a stampede of brides to be, the newl expansion on stilts is raising the bar for what an experience on Rainey can be.
- Tipsy Alchemist – Floating above Rainey, there’s magic happening with a boozy twist. As if chemistry class was taught by Lisa Vanderpump, the truly sexy alcholic adventure found up here is unparalleled. Your cheers boomerang will be the envy of all the girls.
- Whisler – The candle and chandelier light tequila bar combines the old west with an old world glamour that you can’t help but drink up. Be sure to head upstairs for the not so secret mezcal bar
- Ah Sing Den – If Casablanca took place in Shanghai, that would be the vibe inside Ah Sing Den. a glamorous dive bar with incredible food to snack on as your group slowly starts to develop a Mid-Atlantic accent.
- Kitty Cohen’s – Like a swinging sixties pool party was dropped down into modern day, the chic patio and faux pool feel like a hollywood set. With the Austin weird twist of the owner, a cat chilling on the bar.
- Domo Alley Gato – Once your past the bouncer sized lucky cat, you’ll stumble into a Japanese alley way. Modeled after Japanese standing bars, the grittyTokyo ashetheic pairs well with the distinctly creative cocktails they sling up.
SEE ALSO: East Austin Neighborhood Guide (Updated For 2023)
- Tiki Tatsu Ya – From the creative minds behind Domo Alley Gato and Ramen Tatsu Ya, comes the latest tiki bar to take over our city with it’s theme park level eye for design. Plenty of bars create experiences, but this bar is a full on journey.
SEE ALSO: 36 Best Restaurants In South Austin