Earlier this year the person I reported to at the company I worked at sat me down and told me,
Jane – it’s great that the community recognizes you as a thought leader, but that’s not what we want.
I sent in my two weeks the next day.
The number one thing I’ve learned this year is, never let anyone tell what you can’t do. And if they do, prove them wrong.
This year has been a whirlwind of surprises.
– 767 check-ins on Swarm
– invited to speak at Google, Whole Foods Global, T3, Texas Conference for Women, University of Texas Austin, and more!
– a day in the life of a food blogger with Lenovo
– hosted my 3rd annual Food Crawl at SXSW
– hosted my 1st photo walk at SXSW
– summer vacation with Carnival Cruise Lines
– finally installed hardwood flooring, something I’ve always wanted in my home!
– weekend getaway to Miami with Booking.com
– ran my first half marathon. Thank you Nike & ClassPass for challenging me!
– fostered 4 kittens from the Austin Animal Center, and it wasn’t easy.
– adopted my first cat, meet Beethoven!
– IKEA home makeover
– dining segment on KXAN Studio 512!
– my picks for 9 Best New Restaurants This Year In Austin
– accepted as a mentor for SXSW 2016 on Instagram!