“There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.” -Linus from Charlie Brown
Another pumpkin recipe! Okay, I’m just kidding.. These are actually cream cheese balls impersonating pumpkins. Serve them with crackers or tortilla chips. I am loving chips from Food Should Taste Good. Stay tune for the review.
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne
1 stalk green onion
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
paprika, for dusting
- Finely mince the white part of the green onion. Save the green ends for garnish.
- Beat cream cheese, garlic powder, and cayenne. (I find it easier to beat cream cheese when it’s slightly warm)
- Stir in minced green onion and cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until firm.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and coat with paprika. Make indents with a knife on the sides to create a pumpkin shape.
- Cut the green onion into pumpkin stem lengths and stick it into the top of each cheese ball.
- If you are making the cheese balls ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap or else they will dry out.