I can’t believe 12 weeks of training has flown by and the Nike Women’s Half Marathon is this weekend! I’ll be flying to San Francisco this Friday to run 13.1 miles around the beautiful SF Bay with ClassPass. This is my first race so I’m super nervous and also really excited!
New to ClassPass? ClassPass is an all-access pass to the best fitness studios in cities around the U.S., London, Vancouver, and Toronto. You pay one fee ($79/month in Austin), which gives you access to all of the classes at any of the studios in the ClassPass system. Traveling? You can also use your ClassPass to take a class in any city.
Table of Contents
To be honest, I didn’t follow my designated training schedule. It was challenging to stay motivated. But I also learned that it wasn’t just about getting up in the morning to run, but also changing my lifestyle. Eating fast food and heavy fine-dining meals would cause me go to into food coma where I would be too tired/sleepy to run. Also not eating in the morning before my run would cause me to have shorter. In addition to the cardio training, here’s where I’ve been working out in Austin.
- Wanderlust Yoga
- CorePower Yoga – sculpt with weights class
- Black Lagoon yoga – yoga in an art studio
- Pink Gloves boxing – women’s boxing studio
- RO Fitness – indoor rowing studio
- Spark Fitness – gym
- Pure Pilates – pilates
- Define – pilates
- Sukha Yoga – just discovered this new yoga studio on S. Lamar. Love the zen energy here!
What I’ve Been Eating
Here’s what I’ve been eating to fuel my runs:
- Avocado toast with Ezekiel bread
- Fresh berries, granola, and yogurt
- Organic, cold-pressed green juices
- Luna Bars – love the coconut one!
- Vega Protein smoothies
- Nike running tops, shorts, and sports bras
- Nike studio wrap – perfect for pilates and yoga!
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Running Shoes – sturdy running shoes that don’t make my feet hurt. I’ve ran in Nike Free for years for short runs but they hurt my feet after a couple of miles.
- Water bottle
- Evian mineral water spray – keeps my face refreshed after working out
- Deodorant – obvious reasons ☺
- Garmin Forerunner 225 – checks my heart rate
- TriggerPoint foam rollers and Performance Collection – the massage balls help tremendously after long runs
- LUSH – ClassPass treated us to their foot lotion, shower jelly, and bath bombs!
A Day In The Life Of A Food Blogger Preparing For A Half-Marathon
I’m taking over ClassPass’ newly launched SnapChat today! Tune in to see what I do from waking up, working out, eating, and sights around Austin.
Follow ClassPass on Snapchat by searching for them on the app OR taking a picture of the snapcode above!
Big thank you to ClassPass, Nike and Nike Master Run Coach Blue Benadum for this amazing opportunity!