This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Danone and JM Smucker. The opinions and text are all mine.
Photography by The Dani Creative
I don’t think there’s any other warm drink that signifies winter more than the classic peppermint mocha. Hot coffee with cocoa, cream and peppermint, and then topped with whipped cream and garnished with a candy cane – it’s winter in a cup!
SEE ALSO: Winter Baked Oatmeal Recipe
You guys know that I love Target and go there way too many times than I’d like to share. I picked up my coffee, creamer, and everything for holiday entertaining at Target. Download the Cartwheel app to save up to 20% on participating coffee & creamer products from 11/11 – 12/22!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- 1850 Brand Coffee – Pioneer Blend ground
- Horizon® Organic Half & Half
- Whipped cream
- Peppermint extract
- Candy canes
- Bodum 4 Cup Pour-Over Coffee Maker – essential to my morning coffee routine
- Bodum 3cup Meloir Electric Pour Over Kettle – SO PRETTY
- Bodum Bistro 2pk 15oz Double Wall Glass Mugs
- Bodum Schiuma Milk Frother
- Burt’s Bees Baby Women’s Striped Holiday Rugby Pajama Set
- Round wood tray
- Food Storage Jar – I’m moving all my spices into these!
- Santa Stop Here sign
- Ornament Tree
I picked up the 1850 Brand Coffee – Medium Roast Pioneer Blend ground coffee and Horizon Organic Half and Half at my local Target, along with all the other ingredients and decorations!
1850 Brand Coffee is made with Arabica beans and is available in Whole-bean (if you prefer to grind yourself), Ground, and K-Cup® pods.
Horizon Organic Half and Half has been a staple in my refrigerator for the past 5 years – it’s the only creamer that I always have on hand for my coffee and tea!
PEPPERMINT MOCHA RECIPE STEP-BY-STEP
1. Bring water to boil in your kettle. Use a paper filter (recommended) or the filter that comes with the pour over coffee pot and add 2 tbsp of ground coffee (this makes one cup of coffee). I recommend buying whole beans and grinding them at home!
2. Use a paper filter (recommended) or the filter that comes with the pour over coffee pot and add 2 tbsp of ground coffee.
3. Pour hot water over the coffee grounds with a zig-zag motion until they’re completely wet. Wait 30-45 seconds for the grounds to puff up before pouring more hot water from the center and moving outward in a circle. Make sure to only pour the equivalent of one cup of water.
How dreamy is this matte black kettle?!
4. Remove the filter and pour coffee into your coffee mug. These double-walled mugs keep the coffee insulated and comfortable to hold.
5. Add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tsp of peppermint extract, and 1 tbsp of Horizon® Organic Half & Half. Stir to combine.
TIP: Feel free to add more half & half – I like the taste of my coffee stronger so I go light on the half & half.
6. Top with whipped cream and add in a candy cane.
Sip & enjoy! I always pick out a new pj every winter and I love these candy cane striped PJs that I picked up at Target too. Happy Holidays!