Strapped for a last minute side? Or just got invited to a holiday party? Don’t go empty handed! I didn’t believe homemade snack mix could taste SO MUCH better than store bought and it’s super easy. I’ve never been a fan of salted pretzels so I added more rye chips, Blue Diamond’s smokehouse almonds, and Peruvian corn nuts from Trader Joe’s.
The secret ingredient in this best homemade snack mix recipe are the Blue Diamond smokehouse almonds that add a smoky flavor to the snack mix!
Homemade snack mix also makes for perfect gifts during the holidays! Give it a try, it’s bomb diggity!
I’ve tried the other recipes that call for Old Bay Seasoning for “a more grown up version” but it honestly tasted weird. I’ve also tried adding Cholula but the snack mix was more on the soggy side. This recipe has been tested twice, and I promise this snack mix will be dangerously addicting.
Need more convincing? Here’s a close up of it’s golden baked goodness.
Best Homemade Snack Mix Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 6 cups rice chex cereal
- 6 cups corn chex cereal
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond smoky almonds
- 1 cup Gardetto’s rye chips
- 1 cup peruvian corn nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cereals, almonds, peruvian corn nuts, and rye chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Pour over the cereal mixture and, and using a spatula, gently stir to combine, making sure that the mixture is evenly moistened. Be gentle so you don’t crush the cereal.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Enjoy warm or cooled. If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com.