In collaboration with Red Diamond Coffee & Tea. Thank you for supporting the brands that support A Taste of Koko!
Happy Halloween! Are you going to any Halloween parties? Having friends come over? Going trick-or-treating? I have a fun spooky Halloween punch recipe for you that’s perfect for the fall season with carved jack-o’-lantern apples! Oh yes, carved apples.
SEE ALSO: Boozy Iced Latte Recipe
Sweet tea with apple cider, carved apples, sliced oranges, and cinnamon sticks – all the flavors of fall in a punch cocktail!
Start with a gallon of Red Diamond Tea – I grew up drinking Red Diamond sweet tea so I was so excited to partner with them! Red Diamond ready-to-drink tea (sweet, unsweet, and Splenda) is made purely of tea leaves, water, and sugar. That’s it – no powders, concentrates, or preservatives. You can find Red Diamond in the refrigerator section of your closest grocery store. Learn more how Red Diamond is made at perfectsnoteasy.com.
Spooky Halloween Punch
- 80 oz 10 cups Red Diamond Sweet Tea, chilled
- 64 oz or 8 cups apple cider, chilled
- 36 oz or 4.5 cups light rum
- 3 carved apples (see instructions below)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Ice, big blocks
- Pour Red Diamond Sweet Tea, apple cider, and rum into a large punch bowl.
- Carefully add carved apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, and ice (only when you’re ready to serve).
- Stir to combine.
HALLOWEEN PUNCH STEP-BY-STEP
1. Days before your event, make the carved Jack-O-Lantern apples by washing the apples and drying them. Using a sharp knife, carefully carve out the eyes, nose, and mouth of each apple. Soak apples in club soda to prevent browning and then store in the freezer until punch time.
2. Pour Red Diamond Sweet Tea, apple cider, and rum into a large punch bowl.
3. Carefully add carved apples, oranges, cinnamon sticks, and ice (only when you’re ready to serve).
4. Stir to combine.
The problem with punch bowls is that they get watered down too easily so the frozen carved apples keep the punch chilled without watering it down. Plus, the carved apples add a fun, spooky factor to the Halloween punch!
There’s two cats in the house this year for Halloween. Happy Halloween!