This year was my first time to Europe and Rome was my European city. As cliche as it sounds, it’s hard to not fall in love with this romantic city and I attribute my romantic Rome experience to where I stayed. Rome Cavalieri – this luxurious resort is located in the heart of Eternal City on a 15-acre private park just two miles from the Vatican.
Rome Cavalieri features 370 guestrooms, including 25 suites all with private balconies overlooking the city’s monuments, the hotel is home to a highly prized private collection of furniture, paintings, tapestries, statues and artifacts exhibited throughout its public spaces and suites.
Rome Cavalieri is located on a 15-acre private Mediterranean park in a prestigious residential area of Rome that overlooks the Vatican City. Just 5 km from the historic city centre, 35 km from Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (FCO) and44 km from Pastine-Ciampino Airport (CIA).
Via Alberto Cadlolo, 101, 00136 Roma RM, Italy, romecavalieri.com
- Complimentary shuttle bus to the historic city centre (runs by the hour, super convinient!)
- Limousine service to airports and all destinations.
- Baby-sitting service.
- Pet-friendly hotel with special doggy menu, pet-sitting and pet spa services available.
- Boutique shopping.
- Bank and ATM.
- Cavalieri Grand Spa Club is Italy’s most luxurious spa and fitness facility encompassing over 2500m2 of pampering, relaxation and wellness space. Ten treatment rooms offering a wide range of spa services, from La Prairie facials to Ayurvedic massages, as well as two saunas, whirlpool, and an amethyst Turkish bath.
- State-of-the-art fitness centre with Technogym® equipment and a full programme of classes.
- Three outdoor swimming pools, including children’s pool, as well as a glass-domed indoor pool, featuring cascading waterfall, hydro-massage pool, Japanese stone walk and a wood-burning fireplace.
- Two floodlit Davis Cup red clay tennis courts.
- 800m fitness trail within the hotel’s spacious grounds.
ROME CAVALIERI ROOM
The rooms are designed beautifully with timeless architecture and very spacious. We stayed in the deluxe room with a private balcony that looks down at Vatican City. That was my view (photo above) every morning! Watching the sun paint over Rome every morning into the golden city was surreal.
The suites are decorated with unique pieces of artwork and furnishings, including original Karl Lagerfeld sofas, rare 18th-century antiques, and Andy Warhol and Robert Indiana paintings.
ROME CAVALIERI POOL
There are three outdoor swimming pools at Rome Cavalieri, as well as a beautiful glass-domed marble indoor pool that features a cascading waterfall, hydro-massage pool, Japanese stone walk and a wood-burning fireplace. I loved lounging by the pool!
ROME CAVALIERI SUNDAY BRUNCH
I was so impressed by Rome Cavalieri’s Sunday brunch – it was one of my best meals in Rome! The brunch is set up buffet style but everything is made fresh with sushi and pasta serving stations. The food was delicious, especially the made to scratch pasta. I indulged at the Italian dessert table and then finished off the meal with scoops of gelato.
Brunch is every Sunday from 12:30pm to 3:00pm
PRICE: €75 per adult and €35 per child.