“I’m just trying to change the world.. one sequin at a time.” – Lady Gaga
Ra Ra Ra Ah Ah Ah,
GAGA OOH LA LA
Lady Gaga cupcakes.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year because it’s the one weekend that you can dress up and be whoever you wish to be. Every year there is at least 4 different things I want to be.. A raincloud, Avatar, Polar bear or my fall back costume, a Playboy bunny. At the end I decided on being Lady Gaga! She has crazy and fun costumes and I’ve never rocked a wig before. And while rocking out my costume for the big weekend, I had to make Lady Gaga inspired cupcakes of course.
-Adapted from Barefoot Contessa-
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk, shaken
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 extra-large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.. Mix on low speed until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- With mixer still on low, add the coffee and stir just to combine, scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into cupcake pans and bake for 20 minutes.
Here’s my costume for Halloween. For information on how I did my outfit and make up go here.