Inspired by the bircher muesli at Café No Sé (pictured below), this toasted muesli is perfect healthy breakfast. That was the first time I’ve ever tried muesli but I loved it, and it’s been one of my absolute favorites at Café No Sé!
Not to be confused with granola, muesli is prepared raw versus granola that is toasted in the oven. I did toast this muesli with coconut oil to give it a nutty flavor but also because I think it taste better that way!
Let’s talk about superfoods!
Rolled oats are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants, and has been shown to help lower blood cholesterol levels, aid with digestion, and improve metabolism.
High in potassium and vitamin C, blueberries can help lower the risk of heart disease and cancer.
With nearly 13 grams of unsaturated fat and 3.4 grams of fiber (that’s about 14% of the daily recommended value), almonds are a good source of potassium, calcium, vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorous, and iron.
Packed with antioxidants and beta-carotene, goji berries have been known to boost the immune system, protect the eyes, and help promote healthy skin.
This heart healthy grain is a good source of magnesium, which has been shown to reduce the severity of asthma attacks, lower blood pressure, reduce the frequency of migraine headaches, and support bone growth and function.
Toasted Muesli with rolled oats, coconut, millet, chia seeds, and goji berries makes this the perfect healthy breakfast packed with superfoods!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 c almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over the millet. Cover with a plate and allow to soften for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, and drained millet.
- Add coconut oil maple syrup, and salt to a separate bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Pour over rolled oats mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, stir in chia seeds and goji berries.
- Serve with almond milk, blueberries and raspberries.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk.