Two words: Sriracha queso. Quite possibly the most addicting dip ever. You have been warned. It only takes less than 35 minutes to whip up so impress your friends before they come over this weekend for 4th of July.
For dips, you need a vessel and my favorite is the Primizie Crispbreads. Two years ago I was shopping through the grocery store on a late Friday night on an empty stomach – the worst mistake to make when grocery shopping that I still do now and then. I spotted Primizie on the shelf and needless to say, I’ve been addicted ever since. I was beyond thrilled when Primizie reached out to me recently to share their Sriracha queso recipe and it’s been #kokotest and #kokoapproved.
This recipe only takes 7 ingredients: olive oil, onion, garlic, jalapeño, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and Sriracha. Super easy, especially since you have most of these ingredients already on hand.
Easy Sriracha Queso
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp Sriracha
- Chopped cilantro, garnish,
- Diced cherry tomatoes, garnish
- Primizie Crispbreads
- In a 3 – 4 quart pan, combine oil, garlic, and onion.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until fragrant (about 6 minutes).
- Add jalapeño, cream and Sriracha.
- Cook, stirring, until hot.
- Reduce heat to low and add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Pour into warmer. Add garnish and serve with your favorite flavor of Primizie!
- Serving Size: 6 servings
To be honest, I can eat an entire bag of Primizie in one sitting with or without dip. Let me introduce you to their flavors:
- Italian herb – 7 different Italian herbs and Italian red chiles
- Gouda & garlic – for those of you that love cheesy & garlicky, this one is for you!
- Simply salted – my favorite, it’s simple and salty and just addicting.
- Chile & lime – my favorite of the seasoned flavors. It’s more smokey than spicy.
- Dolce caramel – I haven’t tried this one because I prefer salty over sweet
- Ancient grains – gluten-free and healthiest of the group but still good! Made with chef sprouted organic amaranth, quinoa, sorghum seeds. Would go great with kale guacamole.
Primizie Crispbreads are all natural, made with non-GMO minimal ingredients, trans fat-free, no preservatives, and cholesterol free. They’re also a local Austin-owned company! You can find Primizie Snacks at your local H-E-B, Sprouts Farmers Market, and Randalls Food Market.
There’s just something about a gooey, cheesy bowl of queso that’s just the ultimate comfort food. Best served immediately or kept in a warmer.
How do you like your queso? I like mine with tons of pickled jalapeños!
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Primizie Crispbreads. Thank you for supporting the brands that support A Taste of Koko!