Sure, this fancy breakfast tart looks like it took forever to make, but in reality, it’s an easy peasy 30 minute meal. This is the ultimate savory breakfast tart with melted cheese, runny-yolked eggs, and butter-rich puff pastry that’s sure to please anyone!
For the beautiful sunny-side up eggs, I used Goldrich Eggs. Rich, golden yolks with more beneficial Omega-3 vitamins and Lutein per egg than other eggs on the shelf.
Savory Breakfast Tart
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh dill or chives, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut into 4 equal squares. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let puff pastry squares cool on baking sheet. Using the backside of the fork, deflate the center of the squares. You should leave a small border along the sides (this will prevent the egg from spilling out). Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Crack an egg into the center of each tart, top with halved cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Return tarts to the oven and bake until the egg whites are set, 10 to 15 minutes. Top with herbs.
This post is sponsored by Goldrich Eggs. Thanks for supporting posts that keep A Taste of Koko′s doors open! #GoldrichYolk