With summer fleeting away, I wanted to take advantage of the last of summer’s harvest. Fresh zucchini, yellow squash, and red peppers bring the dish alive and dancing with color.
If you have time the night before, I recommend prepping the vegetables (julienne, chop, slice, dice) and storing them in a tubberware. It cuts down the cooking time the next day. Put away away the take out and try this quick 30 minute meal.Print
30 Minute Meals: Summer Ravioli
Summer Ravioli under 30 minutes. Fresh zucchini, yellow squash, and red peppers bring the dish alive and dancing with color.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 1 (9.0 ounce package) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup yellow summer squash, julienne-cut
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook ravioli as directed on package. Drain; and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, onions and garlic. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add basil, salt, and pepper. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cooked ravioli to pan and toss. Serve topped with mozzarella cheese.
As the Food On the Table food stylist and photographer, I spend most of my time in the kitchen testing simple and healthy recipes. I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Nutrition from the University of Texas at Austin.
Planning meals, spending the time to researching recipes, and purchasing food is time consuming and very expensive. Food On the Table is a meal planning service that integrates sale items from your local grocery store and food preferences to create a customized meal plan and organized grocery list.