Last weekend I hosted a girls’ staycation, and we had so much fun making flower crowns while sipping on English Garden Margaritas. Read on for the cocktail recipe below and treat your girlfriends to a garden party at home with DIY flower crowns and margaritas!
This English Garden Margarita pairs high tea with the help of the sophisticated Patrón Silver margarita. The deep, floral flavor of Earl Grey tea is the perfect accompaniment to the unique addition of green peas. Inspired by the London, this classy and modern cocktail is anything but garden variety.
This recipe is part of Patrón’s “Margarita of the Year” competition – check out the “Margarita of the Year” recipes by visiting patrontequila.com and vote for your favorite margarita on social media to help name the #MargaritaOfTheYear. Vote here: http://bit.ly/Votefor2017MOTY
We had so much fun making our own flower crowns, and it was surprisingly easy!
Step one: break out the tequila.
Step two: make yourself & your friends English Garden Margaritas!
EASY FLOWER CROWNS
- Chenille Stems / Green Pipe Cleaners – you’ll need 3 stems for each flower crown
- Floral wire
- Fresh eucalyptus
- Assorted fresh flowers – I used daisies and mums
- Use 3 chenille stems to form a circle around your head. Twist the ends to form a crown.
- Gently wrap the eucalyptus stem around the chenille crown. You might need one or two eucalyptus stems depending on how long they are.
- Trim the fresh flowers from the stalk, leaving two inches of flower stem intact.
- Wrap the floral wire around each flower to make sure it’s secure and sturdy, and then attach the flower to the eucalyptus crown with the floral wire.
- Add as many flowers as you would like around the crown.
Photography by Chelsea Bucklew
You’ll want to take plenty of photos with your flower crown and English Garden Margarita. We ended the weekend by taking photos in front of this beautiful plant wall in East Austin!
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Patrón Tequila. “The perfect way to enjoy Patrón is responsibly. Thank you for supporting the brands that support A Taste of Koko!