In collaboration with The Home Depot. Thank you for supporting the brands that support A Taste of Koko!
Before you say, “Jane, you painted your garage? Really?” In the past 4 years, I’ve been slowly adding items and items to the garage and before I knew it, it just became a mountain of junk. It was an eyesore every time I pulled into the garage to park my car and I was so embarrassed when neighbors would walk by and peek in.
It was my number one goal this year to take the garage and give it a fresh makeover. Purge, clean, and organize. I’m so excited to partner with The Home Depot on this garage makeover transformation!
Here’s what my garage looked like beforehand. Piles and piles of products, boxes of product, old appliances, old furniture – it was a miracle that I could find anything.
I started by making a blueprint of my garage so I could visualize the space and make sure new shelving would fit. By measuring the walls and ceilings, you can estimate how much paint you’ll need to buy too!
The Rubbermaid FastTrack system was my top choice because of the easy installation and customization. Here’s everything I used for the garage makeover.
- BEHR Premium Plus Ultra Paint – Buzz In
- BEHR White Flat Ceiling Interior Paint
- Rubbermaid FastTrack Garage 84 in. Hang Rail
- Rubbermaid FastTrack Garage 1-Bike Vertical Bike Hook
- Rubbermaid 4-Shelf 48 in. x 16 in. Laminate Storage Shelves in Black with 47 in. Upright and Extension Kit
- Rubbermaid FastTrack Garage Rail Accessory Starter Kit (7-Piece)
- Prepac White Space-Saving Shoe Storage Cabinet
- Husky 78 in. H x 48 in. W x 24 in. D 5 Shelf Steel Unit
- Husky stack tote
- HDX 20 gal storage tote in peacock
- HDX 20 gal storage tote in grey
- HDX 20 gal storage tote in candy apple
- Sterilite 64 Qt. Latching storage box
And here’s the garage makeover! All the clutter is gone and now a bright, clean, and organized space! I installed (2) Rubbermaid FastTrack Garage 84 in. Hang Rails and added the Rubbermaid 4-Shelf 48 in. x 16 in. Laminate Storage Shelves, Rubbermaid FastTrack Garage Rail Accessory Starter Kit to hang up items like the tennis racket and pool floaty! Miscellaneous items are stored in the Husky stack totes – I love how heavy duty these totes are.
Every time I come home and open up the garage, it’s like a giant burst of happiness from the yellow!
You can see the step-by-step process on The Home Depot blog!