In collaboration with Casa Velas & Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board. Thank you for supporting the brands that support A Taste of Koko!
Buenos días! I’m just finishing up my second latte on the outdoor patio of Casa Velas. I’ve been staying here for the past week and it already feels like home! Casa Velas is an adults-only all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. located just 5 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta Airport and 15 minutes from downtown Puerto Vallarta. Forbes Travel Guide awarded Casa Velas Four Stars, the only boutique hotel on the Mexican Pacific coast to receive it.
Here’s what is included in the all-inclusive daily rate:
- 80 spacious suites with private pools and Jacuzzis
- AAA Four Diamond Emiliano restaurant
- Oceanfront private Ocean Club with pool and Jacuzzi
- 18-hole golf course
- Complimentary golf at 3 nearby signature designed 18-hole courses
- Use of facilities and all-inclusive plan of Velas Vallarta
- Selected domestic and international premium brands of liquors and wine
- 24-hour in-suite room service
- Shuttle service to and from the private Beach Club
- Fitness center
- Business center with fax
- Fully equipped gym
- Hotel taxes, tips, and gratuities
- Minibar in-suite including snacks and beverages
The resort overlooks the Marina Vallarta golf course so if you like to golf, you’ll love Casa Velas! I loved walking around the resort and seeing the Spanish-style architecture and tropical landscaping.
There's six room types: Master Suite, Grand Class Suite, Ambassador Suite, Governor Suite, Wellness Suite or Presidential Suite. All suites feature satellite TV, safe deposit box, coffee maker, mini bar, hypo-allergenic pillows, goose down feather duvets, bathrobes and slippers, and L’occitane amenities. We stayed in the master suite with a private terrace and Jacuzzi.
There's 15 beautiful peacocks on property - 12 females and 3 males. I found them hilarious to watch and became so accustomed to hearing their sounds. If you are a light sleeper, be sure to bring earplugs. There are also ducks, iguanas, and other wildlife so you do get that jungle experience.
Ahhh soaking in the spa jacuzzi after a signature massage at the Abja Spa. Abja Spa has five treatment rooms – you’ll feel instantly relaxed listening to the trickling fountains and alluring aromatherapy fragrance.
ACTIVITIES TO DO AT CASA VELAS
Casa Velas offers many complimentary activities on the property. We participated in the painting and wine night (above), and the beer tasting. Here’s what they have on schedule right now:
- Painting Class – Get swept away by art during a one-hour workshop with local artist León de la Vega, accompanied by wine tasting.
- Yoga classes – Find peace and balance between your body and spirit, surrounded by a completely natural environment.
- Wine and Cheese – An incredible tasting guided by our experts.
- Lucca Experience – Enjoy the exquisite Italian-Mediterranean dishes prepared by our guest hef from the gourmet restaurant Lucca, from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit.
- Dinner with the Chef – an evening of Mexico’s most exquisite flavors, surrounded by the fragrance of the botanical garden.
- Cuban Evening – Enjoy a memorable Cuban evening with delicious mojitos, tortas, plantains and other traditional products selected by our Chef. A tobacconist will be making cigars; explaining the whole procedure.
- Cooking classes – Our chef will guide you step by step to create your own dish, which can be enjoyed in a unique and fun environment.
- Afternoon margaritas – Enjoy this cocktail in all its different presentations in a special evening.
- Frida Experience – Our guest chef from the gourmet restaurant Frida, at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, will pamper your palate with an unforgettable Mexican dinner.
- Pasta and Lobster – Come to Emiliano restaurant, where our chefs will prepare your favorite pasta and lobster with a variety of sauces to choose from.
- Tequila tasting – Discover the flavors of this typical Mexican drink.
- Tequila Tasting – Discover the flavors of this traditional Mexican liquor, an original spirit extracted from the agave plant in Tequila, Jalisco.
- Yoga classes – Wellness for your body, mind and soul.
- Piano Concert -Dinner – Join an unforgettable evening with live piano music while savoring the delicacies prepared by our chefs.
- Tea Time! Indulge with our house teas; lots of different types and exotic flavors to choose from. Accompany them with delicious state-of-the-art desserts, and luscious cookies.
- Mexican Night – Celebrate the traditions of Mexico to the rhythm of Mariachi Potpourri, under the starry skies of Puerto Vallarta.
- Craft Beer Tasting – Savor four seasonal microbrews with pairings that will surprise even the most discerning palate.
- Veracruz Flavors – Discover the typical dishes of this Mexican city, made with the finest and most selected ingredients.
- Casino- Dinner – Enjoy a fun night playing at our casino.
- Martini Time – Try countless types of martinis in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
- Piaf Experience – Surprise yourself with the gastronomic wonders of France, prepared by our guest chef from the gourmet restaurant Piaf, from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit.
Casa Velas has two pools – the main pool located on property overlooking the golf course that features a swim-up Aqua Bar, and the infinity pool at the exclusive Casa Velas private Ocean Club. You can order food poolside at both.
And the best part of staying at an all-inclusive resort is the all-inclusive dining, which means all-you-can-eat gourmet dining! Casa Velas has two dining options: Emiliano and the private beach club.
Emiliano is a Four Diamond rated restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner on property. A five-course gourmet tasting menu is created every evening rotating between Mexican, French, and Italian-Mediterranean. Fruits, vegetables, and herbs are picked from the resort’s botanical garden. We loved dining on the outdoor terrace by the koi ponds with a view of the pool and palm trees, especially in the morning. I had the chilaquiles with red sauce and shrimp, latte, freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, and a basket of sweet rolls every morning!
Casa Velas’s private Ocean Club is located off property on the beach. It’s a short 5-minute ride on the complimentary shuttle! Enjoy Asian-inspired cuisine and cocktails with a view of the Pacific Ocean and then take a swim in the swimming pool.
As a guest at Casa Velas, you also get access to the Velas Vallarta, the family-friendly resort. There’s a huge pool there with direct beach access and the complimentary shuttle will take you there from Casa Velas. We got to hang out at the presidential suite at Velas Vallarta and took a quick swim in the pool!