I’m a big snacker. Chips, nuts, cookies – you name it, I’ll eat it. The inspiration for savory granola bars comes from my tastebuds. I’d choose something savory over anything sweet any time, any day. Crunchy yet chewy with toasted oats and nuts, slight tang from the sun-dried tomatoes and notes of sweet nuttiness from the nut butter coating. Perfect with a soup, salad, or as a snack.
Sun-dried tomato granola bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10 bars 1x
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds, or nut of your choice
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Toast oats, nuts, and pumpkin seeds for 8-10 minutes, stirring once or twice. Allow to cool.
- Combine toasted ingredients with sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a small sauce pan, melt the butter and add the molasses. Bring to a bubble and then simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Take pan off the heat and stir in salt and nut butter.
- Pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat. Spread mixture onto the baking pan evenly with a spatula. Place a piece of wax paper on top and use a rolling pin to gently flatten.
- Allow granola to cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an air-tight container between layers of wax paper up to 2 weeks.
It’s the 12 Days of Giveaways! On the 6th day, A Taste of Koko is giving away a Nature’s Eats gift basket!
Enter to win a Nature’s Eats gift basket.
Nature’s Eat is also running their 10th Anniversary Holiday Recipe Contest with $1000 in prizes!
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment below with your name & email and tell me: What is your favorite snack?
You can earn up to 4 extra entries by:
– Tweet about the giveaway (it’s easy, just click here!) and leave the link to your Tweet in the comments.
– Fan A Taste of Koko on Facebook. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so.
– Follow A Taste of Koko on Twitter. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so with your Twitter handle so I can follow you back!
– Follow A Taste of Koko on Pinterest.
(Extra entries can only be counted if left as a separate comment – your comment # is your entry.)
The fine print:
– Giveaway ends at 12:01am (Texas time!) on January 15, 2013.
– Winner will be selected by random number generator.
– Winners will receive a Nature’s Eats gift basket.
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited.
– Winning “extra entry” comments can be subject to verification.
– Prize can only be shipped to a U.S. address.
– This giveaway is sponsored by Nature’s Eats