“Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.” – Unknown
Frozen puff pastry is cut into hearts and baked, then split and filled with strawberry jam, whipped topping and strawberries for special, pillowy treats. This is a really cute and yummy dessert that you can whip up for Valentines or any occasion. Instead of the typical chocolate covered strawberries, which I think are overrated, this is a new take on strawberries with my favorite, puff pastry. You can either make your own or buy it from your local grocery store, no one will know!
Strawberry Heart Pillows.
Since strawberries aren’t in season right now, guess Mother Nature didn’t get the memo about Valentine’s Day, try to pick the reddest ones you see or you can opt for frozen.
Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to stamp out puff pastry hearts. You can of course use any cookie cutter design you like or use a knife and make simple squares.Print
Strawberry Heart Pillows
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 20 heart puff pastries 1x
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 large strawberries, each cut into 4 slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, make as many hearts as possible. (I was able to get 20)
- Bake 13 min. or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Cut each heart horizontally in half.
- Top with 1 Tbsp of the whipped topping and a strawberry slice. Cover with tops of hearts.
- Serve immediately. Or, cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- Serving Size: 1 heart puff pastry
For more information, check out the video tutorial below.
I recommend defrosting the puff pastry the night before in the refrigerator and not outside because it will end up sticking together and you won’t be able to pull it apart. Also, if you don’t use all the puff pastry hearts, store them a ziploc bag or tubberware so they don’t go stale.
You can also drizzle some milk chocolate on top but I decided to keep them simple. Enjoy!