It’s one of those days when I just want a cookie all to myself. Crispy edges with a soft and chewy center when you sink your teeth in and where the chocolate chips melt in your mouth. I like mine fresh, gooey, and hot from the oven. A forewarning.. you might have to make two.
And the best part is you can bake this cookie in a small bowl, ramekin, or coffee cup.Print
One chocolate chip cookie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 cookie
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated brown sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, soften
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, medium
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a spoon until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and egg. Mix well.
- Add in the flour and salt, and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough into a baking container. Top with more chocolate chips if needed.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
I like to indulge when I’m by myself. Forget two spoons, actually forget spoons period. The perfect comfort food for rainy days, snowy nights, summer afternoons, and bad days. One melty, gooey and chewy cookie with three scoops of ice cream.
Get the milk ready: this one will become your go-to cookie!
There’s been a flurry of holiday busy-ness at A Taste of Koko and I am proud to announce my 12 Days of Christmas, food blogger style. Get ready for an arsenal of delicious holiday goodies, perfect for entertaining, dessert buffets, goodies plates and more! As my little gift to you, the 12 Days of Giveaways will give you the opportunity to win a whole sled of fabulous prizes this holiday season. Tune in for each of the next 12 days to enter to the 12 Days of Christmas with Koko. Get a sneak peak of the upcoming goodies on Facebook!
It’s the 12 Days of Giveaways! On the 8th day, A Taste of Koko is giving away a one cookie baking kit + skillet.
Enter to win a one cookie baking kit + skillet.
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment below with your name & email and tell me: What is your favorite tradition?
You can earn up to 4 extra entries by:
– Tweet about the giveaway (it’s easy, just click here!) and leave the link to your Tweet in the comments.
– Fan A Taste of Koko on Facebook. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so.
– Follow A Taste of Koko on Twitter. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so with your Twitter handle so I can follow you back!
– Follow A Taste of Koko on Pinterest. Bonus points if you pin any images from this blog post!
(Extra entries can only be counted if left as a separate comment – your comment # is your entry.)
The fine print:
– Giveaway ends at 12:01am (Texas time!) on January 15, 2013
– Winner will be selected by random number generator.
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited.
– Winning “extra entry” comments can be subject to verification.
– Prize can only be shipped to a U.S. address.