Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: One dozen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, soften
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup organic milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line your cupcake pan with paper or foil liners.
- Combine all purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Sift and whisk to blend.
- Beat butter, sugar and lemon zest until fluffy in a mixer.
- Beat in one egg at a time. Include vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Using the mixer on low speed, pour in half the dry ingredients and half the milk (vice versa) until all the ingredients are incorporated. Do not overmix!
- Toss fresh blueberries in a couple of tablespoons of flour and fold into batter.
- Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350F.
- Serving Size: One cupcake