Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes.Print
Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: One dozen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, soften
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup organic milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line your cupcake pan with paper or foil liners.
- Combine all purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Sift and whisk to blend.
- Beat butter, sugar and lemon zest until fluffy in a mixer.
- Beat in one egg at a time. Include vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Using the mixer on low speed, pour in half the dry ingredients and half the milk (vice versa) until all the ingredients are incorporated. Do not overmix!
- Toss fresh blueberries in a couple of tablespoons of flour and fold into batter.
- Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350F.
- Serving Size: One cupcake
You can definitely top these cupcakes with a buttercream or cream cheese frosting but I personally enjoyed them alone. A freshly dollop of whipped cream frosting would be ideal too.
The great thing about lemon and blueberry cupcakes is that you can still make these during the winter season when blueberries are not in season. Carefully package fresh blueberries in freezer safe bags and use for later!