Honey Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting and Caramelized Figs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup organic whole milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 tbsp vanilla extra
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tins with liners. Set aside.
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add butter, honey, sour cream, vanilla extract and scraped seeds from vanilla bean. Beat for one minute.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing after each addition. WIth mixing speed on low, alternate between adding the dry ingredients and the milk. Beat until just combined.
- Divide batter and fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a cake test inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and let cupcakes cool in tins for 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.