- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 14 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen macarons 1x
- 100 g Egg whites
- 90 g Almond meal
- 181 g Powdered sugar
- 3.6 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Real Vanilla extract
- Food coloring, optional
- Beat egg whites until foamy and add in one tablespoon of granulated sugar one by one. Beat until stiff peaks form. Add in your choice of extracts and food coloring.
- Sift almond meal and powdered sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Fold in almond meal and powdered sugar into the stiff egg whites until you get a lava-like batter. Use a rubber spatula for this step.
- Note: It’s important to not undermix and overmix the batter.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag with Wilton 12 round tip and pipe circles onto a Silpat.
- Note: If your batter is more on the runny side, leave plenty of room between the circles because the batter will spread.
- Allow a hard crust to form on the freshly piped macarons. This will take anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour depending on the humidity in your kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 300F. Bake macarons for 5 minutes on each side to ensure even baking.
- Allow macarons to cool before removing from Silpat. Store in an air-tight container up to one week.