Tender, crumbly cookies, full of ground almonds and covered with a blizzard of confectioners’ sugar that melt-in-your-mouth and are as white as a cumulus cloud. There’s different variations of this cookie like the Russian Tea Cake and butterballs. All of these cookies share their focus on vanilla, which naturally highlights any nut flavor. This is my holiday twist on the classic wedding cookie – introducing the Chai Tea wedding cookie.
The briskness and nip to the air in Austin leads my thoughts to tea. And a hot cup of tea is an essential cold-weather ritual for many of us, and what is tea without a cookie?Print
Chai Tea Wedding Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp chai tea leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Pulse together all the dry ingredients in a food processor until the tea leaves are pulverized.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Scoop chestnut-sized (1″) pieces of dough, and roll into balls.
Zhi Tea’s signature blend Kenya Chai features an organic Red Rooibos and copious amounts of organic cinnamon, cardamom, ginger root, blue cornflowers, stevia leaf, and vanilla essence to create an intoxicating herbal insane. This combination creates incredibly aromatic spice blend that transforms the classic wedding cookie into a complex and comforting cookie that pairs perfectly with a piping hot cup of tea.
Zhi Tea is a homegrown Austin, Texas, company. We enjoy supporting local non-profits that we are aligned with, like Urban Roots and the Sustainable Food Center here in Austin. We are die-hard tea lovers with a love and deep respect for traditional farming, Fair Trade practices, and high-quality necessities. And, of course, we are foodies to the core.
It’s the 12 Days of Giveaways! On the 7th day, A Taste of Koko is giving away 2 packages of tea from Zhi Tea!
You can earn up to 5 extra entries by:
– Tweet about the giveaway (it’s easy, just click here!) and leave the link to your Tweet in the comments.
– Fan A Taste of Koko on Facebook. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so.
– Follow A Taste of Koko’s RSS. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so.
– Follow A Taste of Koko on Twitter. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so with your Twitter handle so I can follow you back!
– Follow A Taste of Koko on Pinterest. Bonus points if you pin any images from this post!
(Extra entries can only be counted if left as a separate comment – your comment # is your entry.)
The fine print:
– Giveaway ends at 12:01am (Texas time!) on January 15, 2013
– Winner will be selected by random number generator.
– Winners will receive 2 packages of tea from Zhi Tea.
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited.
– Winning “extra entry” comments can be subject to verification.
– Prize can only be shipped to a U.S. address.
-This giveaway is sponsored by Zhi Tea.