Escape the heat with breezy summer drinks. This bubbly is just right for cocktail hour. Multiply the recipe in a punch bowl to quench group-sized thirst at backyard parties, and make a happy toast to the last few days of summer. Or just relax with a glass by yourself.
This drink’s signature sweetness is tempered by the tartness of blackberries, which also tints it a gorgeous shade of purple.
Blackberry Lavender Julep
Try this fun and elegant purple-hued cocktail with blackberries bursting with sweetness, lemon, and lavender notes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 cups 1x
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup rum, of your choice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried culinary lavender
- 4 packets Sweet’N Low
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stir in the lavender and reduce the heat. Partially cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the lavender tea and discard.
- Pour the liquid into a large pitcher and add in the Sweet’N Low.
- Mash up the blackberries and muddle with the mixture.
- Add lemon juice, rum, and ice. Divide mixture among glasses and garnish with whole blackberries or a fresh sprig of lavender.
- Serving Size: 8 oz
Make sure you strain with a julep strainer to keep out blackberry seeds and any lingering lavender buds! You can blend the ice in this cocktail to create a slushy texture.
Disclosure: As part of the DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker Program, I received the Sweet’N Low samples. This post and giveaway is sponsored by Sweet’N Low.