Apple Cider Cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 cups 1x
- 12 apples (Granny smith, gala, Red delicious), insides only
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (more for garnishing)
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 1/2 Tbsp cloves
- 1/2 Tsp whole allspice
- Water, to cover the apples
- Set aside the ‘apple cups’. You can sprinkle lemon juice over the apples to prevent browning.
- Bring the apple pulp, water, orange quarters, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, and whole allspice to a boil.
- Stir occasionally and allow to simmer for 2 hours.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the apples and oranges until soft.
- Allow the cider to come to room temperature before straining.