3 ounces (6 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 packed pistachio paste
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 extra-large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the mini muffin pans on a baking sheet.
- Beat the butter in a bowl of electric stand mixer with the flat beater attachment or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer until it’s light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the granulated sugar and beat until smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides and botom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the pistachio paste and vanilla and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- One at a time, add the eggs. They will sit on the top of the mixture, so be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Blend thoroughly.
- Sift the flour into a mediums-size bowl. Add the salt and toss to blend.
- Add this mixture to the butter mixture in 2 stages, blending well after each addition. Stop after each addition and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the batter into a 2-cup liquid measuring cup and divide it evenly among the cavities of the mini muffin pans.
- Bake the cakes for 13 to 15 minutes, until light golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the mini muffin pans to racks to cool completely. Turn the mini muffin pans upside down and press the cakes out, then turn them right-side up.
- Dust the tops of the cakes with the confectioners’ sugar. Serve the cakes at room temperature.
- Makes 2 dozen tea cakes.
CSN Store $40 gift certificate giveaway.
CSNstore.com has everything from furniture, home decor, cookware, bakeware, shoes, school supplies and office supplies. This $40 gift certificate applies to anything on their website so start browsing :). For me, I still have another year of college left so classes for me will be starting in 1 week, which also means I’ll be needing new furniture such as a dining table
. I am particularly interested in the more modern and contemporary pieces. I also plan on looking into a kitchen torch and ice cream maker. Any suggestions?
Bontempi Casa Sky Dining Table
Opens with simple “lift and slide” mechanism. When closed, it fits into compact dining areas to comfortably seat four people. But it can also extend to accommodate up to six people or eight people.
Bontempi Casa Bontempli Casa 3 Piece Barone round Dining Table with Shark Chairs
Designed by Studio Thesia and Yoshino Toshiyuki. Extra clear glass table and chrome or white/leather dark brown chairs.
BonJour Chef’s Creme Brulee Brushed Aluminum Torch with Fuel Gauge.
The die cast aluminum body features a fuel level indicator window so you know when it’s time to refill.
Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 Qt. Forzen Yogurt-Sorbet & Ice Cream Maker.
Makes 2 quarts of your favorite frozen desserts or drinks in as little as 25 minutes. Includes transparent lid, freezer bowl, and mixing paddle. Double insulated freezer bowl with brushed metal housing with embossed logo. Fully automatic.
How to enter
There will be 4 options to enter. Leave a comment on this post for every option you do. Thus the more options you do, the great chance of winning.
1. Leave a comment on the post.
Visit CSN stores
and tell me what you like from their store.
2. Follow my blog. The link is on the right panel. I am always excited to see new subscribers. I do occasionally do giveaways so this is a good way to stay connected with me!
3. Fan me on Facebook.
4. Mention the contest on your blog and include a link back to this entry. Leave another comment with a link to your blog post.
This giveaway is open only to United States and Canada residents. Winners will be chosen by the Random number generator
. I will contact the winner within 48 hours.
Contest will be open until Sept 30, 2010 11:59 CST.
Congratulations to Carol from http://simplygluten-free.blogspot.com/