Bubbly is my weakness. One glass makes a bad day, a good day. And two glasses? I’ll be giggling like there’s no tomorrow. It’s sweet, fruity, bubbly and refreshing. I could drink flutes and flutes of it. Heck, bottles. Moscato d’Asti, a sweet sparking Italian wine, pairs beautifully with naturally tart berries like raspberries and blackberries. Not a fan of sweet cocktails? You can easily substitute white wine or champagne in place of moscato.
The macerated raspberries add a burst of color and flavor to the moscato spritzer.
Macerating is simliar to marinating – except with fruit and not meat or vegetables. The sugar absorbs the sugar, which causes a slight softening of texture. Resulting in a juicy fruit with an amped up flavor.
If you’re not a fan of overly sweet cocktails, substitute the Sprite for sparking mineral water.
A Taste of Koko is kicking off the new year with 12 Days of Giveaways. Sweet’N Low is giving away a Sweet’N Low Sweetener Gift Pack with free samples of Sweet’N Low sweetener, recipe cards, coupons, and a cocktail shaker!
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment below with your name and email, and tell me: What is your favorite cocktail?
You can earn up to 5 extra entries by:
– Tweet about the giveaway (it’s easy, just click here!) and leave the link to your Tweet in the comments.
– Fan A Taste of Koko on Facebook. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so.
– Follow A Taste of Koko on Twitter. Leave a separate comment below that you have done so with your Twitter handle so I can follow you back!
– Follow A Taste of Koko on Pinterest.
– Repin any images from this blog post onto your Pinterest (it’s easy, just hover over any image and hit repin!). Leave a separate comment below that you done so.
(Extra entries can only be counted if left as a separate comment – your comment # is your entry.)
The fine print:
- Giveaway ends at 12:01am (Texas time!) on January 15, 2013.
– Winner will be selected by random number generator.
– Winners will a cocktail shaker with coupons and samples from Sweet’N Low.
– Prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited.
– Winning “extra entry” comments can be subject to verification.
– Prize can only be shipped to a U.S. address.
-This giveaway is sponsored by Sweet’N Low.
This blog post is sponsored by the DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker program and Sweet’N Low.