Valentines’ Day is right around the corner and I’ve been scrambling with decorating ideas and dessert recipes. I’m not the biggest advocate of this romantic day but it makes me smile when I see others enjoying this day. Instead of making separate blog posts for each of these desserts, I’ve listed them all below as a collective Valentines Day post.
2 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatine
1/4 cup cold water
1 3/4 cups Godiva coffee, heated to boiling
2 tbsp sugar
Half & Half
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a large bowl; let stand 1 minute.
2. Add freshly brewed coffee and stir until gelatin completely dissolves.
3. Add sugar if desired.
4. Pour into your desired ramekins and refrigerate until firm.
5. Optional: Pour half & half and top with fresh berries.
Heart Shaped Macarons
Chewy yet slightly crispy strawberry macarons with a creamy chocolate ganache.
I printed out heart designs onto computer paper and used it as a stencil underneath the silpats. There’s two ways to pipe out heart shapes with the macaron batter. If you use a smaller pipping tip, you can trace the heart design first and then fill it in. Or use a bigger pipping tip and pipe two strokes. One for each curvature of the heart.
Keep in mind, macaron batter spreads so make sure to account for that when piping those sharp corners! I went through with a utensil to sharp up the edges.
I do have these heart macaron on sale at http://www.macaronsbyjane.com
Delivery only in Austin, TX
6 ounces high-quality milk chocolate
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 large egg yolks
Pinch of salt
3 large egg whites, room temperature
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Butter eight 3/4-cup soufflé dishes; sprinkle with sugar, tilting cups to coat completely and tapping out any excess. Arrange prepared soufflé dishes on large baking sheet.
2. Combine chocolate and cream in large metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove bowl from over water. Stir egg yolks and salt into chocolate mixture. Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until semi-firm peaks form. Using rubber spatula, fold 1/4 of beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold remaining egg whites into chocolate mixture in 2 additions. Divide chocolate mixture among prepared soufflé dishes, filling dishes completely. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Bake soufflés on baking sheet until puffed and tops feel firm, about 16 minutes if at room temperature and about 18 minutes if chilled.
Godiva, known for their exquisite chocolate, has come out with their very own coffee line. I had the privilege of sampling their winter collection when I was in San Francisco. My favorite was the peppermint mocha! Their freshly brewed pumpkin flavored coffee made my apartment smell that I just baked a pumpkin pie.
Godiva’s Valentine collection includes chocolate truffle and dark chocolate raspberry. I actually used their chocolate truffle in my coffee gelatin cups.
They have many different gift sets that include chocolates, truffles, teddy bears, and coffees.
For more information, visit Godiva.com.
Here’s a quick video that I filmed! Sorry if I sounded nervous because I was. It’s much more nerve racking to talk to a camera than it is to a real person.
Godiva Valentine giveaway.
Godiva is giving away a Valentine gift set to one lucky reader!
How to enter
- Leave a comment on the post. Check out Godiva.com and tell me which is your favorite gift set.
- Follow my blog. The link is on the right panel. Anyone with a gmail account can sign up.
- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet: Win @GodivaChoc Valentine set at @atasteofkoko http://bit.ly/AFr4vq
- Fan A Taste of Koko on Facebook.
- Fan Jane Ko Photography on Facebook.
- Mention the contest on your blog and include a link back to this entry.
To enter, do any/or all of the following. Each counts as one entry. Thus the more entry options you do, the greater chance of winning! Please leave you email so I can get in contact with you. This giveaway is open nationwide and winners will be chosen by the Random number generator. The winner must respond within 24 hours. This giveaway will end at midnight on February 12, 2012.
Disclaimer: Godiva Chocolatier is sponsoring this giveaway. No compensation was given for this write up. All photographs are copyrighted by A Taste of Koko.