This past weekend I attended my first Camp No Counselors. This was actually my very first time camping. My parents didn’t allow me to go to summer camp when I was little so I didn’t know what to expect. Granted, Camp No Counselors is no ordinary camp. It’s an all-inclusive adult camp where you escape to the ultimate weekend adventure with outdoor activities, open bar, and epic nightly theme parties. No rules. The moto is, “Play like a kid, party like a grown-up”.
Many will say Camp No Counselors is just a big weekend party where adults can resort back to their college days. While that is the culture of CNC and is what happened this weekend, my experience of CNC was rather relaxing. I don’t remember the last time I spent less than 3 hours total in one day on my computer so to be forced to go offline at Camp No Counselors was a challenge. I didn’t partake in the nightly theme parties so going to sleep around 8-9pm every night, and waking up to the sunrise to take morning hikes was refreshing. Read on for everything you need to know about Camp No Counselors.
WHAT TO PACK FOR CAMP NO COUNSELORS
- Warm weather daytime clothing – shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, athletic activity gear
- Cool weather nighttime clothing – sweatshirt, love sleeve shirts, winter hat, fleece
- Rain jacket
- Sneakers or running shoes
- Cap, sun hat, or bandana
- Flip flops
- (2) towels
- Garbage bag – for wet and dirty clothes
- Bed sheets, blanket, & pillow
- Theme party costume – seriously don’t come out an outfit because you’ll feel left out, like I did
- Water bottle
- Ear plugs / sleeping eye mask
- Battery operated portable fan
- Toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, condition, soap, face wash, deodorant, hairbrush, medications,
- Bug spray
- Snacks – you are fed breakfast, lunch & dinner but if you get hungry in between you’re out of luck
WHAT TO NOT TO PACK FOR CAMP NO COUNSELORS
- Laptop – the whole point of CNC is to unplug
- Anything you don’t want to get dirty like nice clothes
- Pets (no pets allowed at camp)
- Weapons (no knives)
ACTIVITIES ARE ALL-INCLUDED
There were two hours of free time in the morning and two hours of free time in the afternoon on Saturday to do archery, arts ‘n crafts, basketball, kayaking, paddle boarding, dodgeball, friendship bracelet making, kickball, the blob, tie-dye, yoga, and zip-line. We also went on a friendship walk and nature hike during the day.
Saturday was competition color war day which consisted of different activities like catch the flag, flag painting, lip syncing, and slip n’ slide against the different teams.
Meet the blob – the highlight of Camp No Counselors. I was completely terrified to jump down onto the blob to then be catapulted 3 feet into the air and go flying into the lake. Thrilling but absolutely terrifying for me.
SO HOW’S THE FOOD AT CAMP NO COUNSELORS?
Don’t expect 5-star resort food at Camp No Counselors but your typical camp food like hot dogs, hamburgers, and tacos for lunch, ribs and chicken for dinner, and fresh fruit and waffles for breakfast. All meals are served open bar with unlimited beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages. If you have a special dietary need, I’d recommend reaching out to CNC to inquire.
AND ACCOMMODATIONS? BUNK MATES?
Camp No Counselors takes over an entire camp property so there’s no one else on property. The Austin edition is at this camp in Vanderpool Texas with a private lake and gorgeous views of the Texas hill country. The cabins were nicely kept with A/C and clean bathrooms. You do have to bring your own bed sheets, blanket, and pillow.
If you want to bunk with your friends, register as a ‘group’ during registration. Or bunking with strangers is the fastest way to make new friends.