Choux de Bruxelles a la Milanaise.
Amy Adams’ (Julie from Julie & Julia) favourite dish from Julia Child.
1 1/2 tbsp soften butter
1 1/2 quarts blanched brussels sprouts
Salt and pepper
2 to 4 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese mixed with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and smear soften butter inside casserole dish.
- Arrange blanched brussels sprouts heads up in the dish.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and then with 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- Lay waxed paper over the brussels sprouts. Cover and heat on top of the stove until vegetables begin to sizzle, and then place in the middle level of preheated oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Reset oven to 425F.
- Sprinkle cheese and pour on remainder of melted butter.
- Bake until sprouts are tender and well impregnated with butter. And the cheese is browned nicely.
Serve with roast turkey, pork, duck, steaks, fish, or sauteed liver. We paired it with fresh salmon. Full of healthy Omega-3s!