Did you know two out of three of us make New Year’s resolutions but only 8% keep them? Instead of focusing your resolutions on stopping your bad habits, think of them as learning to do something new. The beginning of a new year is always a great time to refresh and re-focus.
This post is brought to you by KeVita. Just in time for the New Year, KeVita‘s Daily Cleanse is a spicy and sublime detox. Organic lemon and a hint of cayenne create a hydrating refreshment that may help to curb cravings for snacks and sugary drinks. KeVita features a handcrafted probiotic culture with four strains of live probiotics, offering a wide variety of certified organic flavors such as Mojita™, Lemon Cayenne Daily Cleanse™, Coconut, Mango Coconut, Strawberry Acai Coconut, Pomegranate Coconut, Lemon Ginger, Pomegranate and Living Greens™.
Available at local co-ops, natural food stores and select grocers nationwide including Safeway, Vons, Kroger, Ralphs, Sprouts, Whole Foods Market, The Fresh Market, Giant Eagle and Wegman!
9 Ways To Kickstart The New Year
1. Declutter. Clean your desktop (either physical, digital, or both) of clutter before you get started working each day. Your brain will thank you. Currently loving my wallpaper, download here.
2. Nibnaks. Eating healthily all of the time can be hard work, especially if you’re not used to doing it, but small changes to your diet, can make all of the difference. Nibnaks, a new food start-up, wants to empower individuals to make healthy snacking decisions everyday. By consuming more natural, wholesome ingredients such as dried fruit, nuts and seeds, you’ll have increased energy and help your digestive system stay in tune. Each package is the ideal portion size, low calorie, no added sugar, no preservatives, gluten-free, high-fiber, and good source of vitamins and minerals. We’re obsessed with the fun packaging and 100% natural ingredients! Receive 20% off your first order at http://nibnaks.com/shop/ with promo code “kk2uv” until 2/28/14.
3. Paddleboard Yoga. You might have to wait for Summer to try this but doing yoga on a paddleboard on the lake sounds amazing (and like some major balance) to us!
4. Argus. Turn your iPhone into a sophisticated health and fitness device as it monitors and manages your activities, food, workouts, sleep, hydration, weight and vitals. The eye-catching interview allows you to get snapshot of your daily activity. Download on iTunes.
5. Coffee Almonds. The next time you need a quick pick-me-up to keep you going, grab a handful of Coffee Almonds. Made with real coffee, Coffee Almonds are the go-to snack when you’re on the move and need to refuel. Best of all, these almonds are a good source of protein and come in three outrageously tasty flavors – Mocha, Caramel Macchiato, and Roasted Coffee.
6. Aquasana Shower Filter. Healthy living starts with healthy water. Want softer, healthier skin and hair? Try a shower filter, it reduces the harmful effects of chlorine and synthetic chemicals that can contribute to the premature aging of skin. 96% of chlorine and chloramines are removed by Aquasana high performance water filters.
7. Almond Breeze. A little bit can go a long way, which is why simple substitutions make for great New Year’s Resolutions. Swap out your breakfast with Almond Breeze for a small and delicious change! The rich and creamy taste of Almond Breeze is perfect for hot oatmeal and smoothies after workouts.
8. 30 Day Fitness Challenges ($3): This iOS app is chock full of 30-day intensive challenges that target certain parts of the body or just overall wellness. Try one this month and switch it up next month!
9. JuiceLand. Juice cleanses are the most natural and organic method of detoxifying and healing. They’re a quick way to slim down or jumpstart a healthier lifestyle. Your mind and bodies also experience a physical and mental clarity by taking time off from regular eating. JuiceLand offers a variety of different fresh juice cleanses for every goal and taste. If you are a new juicer, you probably will want to start with Level One and gradually work your way up. You can also build your own juice cleanse with Level U, choose any three quarts of the Next-Level Juices to build a personalized cleanse. I just finished a four week cleanse with JuiceLand and I feel energized and focused! JuiceLand also offers fresh vegetable and fruit juices, aguas frescas, smoothies, raw superfood cocktails and more.